Metal Coil Handling
Without a solution in place:
- Fork damage on coiled metals is common because it is difficult for operators to see the tips of their forks or the coil ram when picking up a load.
- Over-insertion of forks can damage product stored on the floor.
- Large forklifts have very poor rear visibility immediately behind the truck even with mirrors; they can hit pedestrians, vehicles, or cause property damage.
Using an HVS camera system:
- Cameras can be mounted to view the tips of the forks or ram from the optimal perspective.
- The operator knows where the tips of his forks are while they are hidden inside the coil and avoid over-insertion.
- Cameras can watch the area under the load to assist with picking from the floor and placing the coil on a dolly. The operator can maintain proper clearance to the floor so driving over uneven surfaces will not cause product damage.
Warehouses often have narrow aisles, tall racking, and double-deep racking in order to store a higher volume of products. It is difficult for forklift operators to judge the height of their forks when picking from an upper rack level. Double-deep racking presents an additional challenge because operators must insert their forks without seeing the pallet when picking from the rear layer.
Rolls of material are often very large and can block the forklift operator’s view, making it difficult to maneuver the forklift. Rolls are easily damaged or soiled, causing scrap loss. It is difficult for the operator to place the ends of the roll core into rack receptacles without cameras to help.
Maneuvering a forklift is difficult since it requires driving in reverse for most jobs due to the load obstructing the frontal view. Rear-end steering makes the forklift take tight turns in the front but swing wide in the back.
Let's Build Something Together
HVS welcomes the opportunity to work with original equipment manufacturers (OEM) to help integrate camera systems into their products.
Eliminating visibility issues for operators will make your equipment easier and safer to use and will remove a possible barrier to purchase. HVS is able to design camera systems to integrate with your equipment, support its application, and suit its operating environment.
We have been in business more than 25 years.
We don't just sell you a camera system and make you figure out how to use it.
We develop product and can configure camera systems as needed.
We can special design a system to fuse into your product and manufacturing process.
For manufacturers wanting to build a camera system into their product, we go to great lengths to choose or develop the right equipment for their needs. We can tailor most features of our systems and we will work with your team to ensure that the camera system will smoothly integrate into your product and manufacturing processes.