Without a Solution in Place:
- Operators control the process by instrument data alone.
- Instrument readings may not be able to describe some process characteristics or types of malfunctions,
- It is difficult or impossible for the operator to view distant areas from his workstation.
- There is no capture of historic process information to help with troubleshooting malfunctions.
Using an HVS camera system:
- Operators get “the big picture” quickly by viewing the output from the process and at important stages along the way.
- Important process parameters can be overlaid onto the video image in some cases.
- Authorized personnel can visually monitor processes from anywhere in the world (using network-enabled camera systems).